After Life Gaming!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
After Life Gaming!
Welcome to AfterLife-Gaming! Add our server to your favourites! 72.249.148.62:27015

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 773 messages in 138 subjects

We have 75 registered users

The newest registered user is pete_13

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 122 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 pm

4 posters

Swear Filters

Backlash
    Backlash
    Noob

Swear Filters Empty Swear Filters

Post  Backlash Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 pm

OK seriously what is with the string of swear filters up and turned on so high that you can't type anything I literally got blocked for saying "seriously who goes that way psyco =P". What kills me is this game is rated MA for mature audience so if you have one on for the "kids" wtf are your kids doing playing such a violent game especially on a server where the gore is outragiously high I mean hell I lost 6hp but had about 30 gallons of blood squirting out of me. I feel it is sad when we have a society that teaches our children it is ok to wake up and blow someones face off but you can't "fuck" when your the one whos face is blown off. I just don't get it mature violent game should automatically include mature language. Can someone help me understand the logic on this one?
    VapouR
    Amateur

Swear Filters Empty Re: Swear Filters

Post  VapouR Fri May 01, 2009 3:57 pm

If you're actually ranting on having a "swear filter", I'm assuming you can't live without swearing 24/7, which is why I recommend seeing a psychiatrist.
    Backlash
    Backlash
    Noob

Post  Backlash Fri May 01, 2009 6:54 pm

LMAO well I am do have degree in psycology so that might explain it..more ranting on hypocryticism of have a violent game with added gore but putting in a swear filter to "protect kids" that was more of the point.
    VapouR
    Amateur

Post  VapouR Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 pm

The game is irrelevant to how these forums are run. The game is not created and controlled by us, but these forums are, meaning there is a different perspective of how things should work here.

And judging by your arguments, you're stating that this game isn't for kids but for mature people, and you're implying that swearing makes you mature?
    R 4 V {3}
    Average

Post  R 4 V {3} Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm

He's saying that he's mature and because of that he's allowed to swear, not that he's mature because he swears. The real question is, where is this swear filter your talking about? I swear all the time and have never seen it.
    Backlash
    Backlash
    Noob

Post  Backlash Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm

the swear filter was on another server unfortounitly alg isn't very active at 5 am and I don't sleep much. And I am not saying that I am mature because I swear at all... the game rating is there to have seleted demographic such as "T rating" is for "teens" so there are things that an eight year old might not understand or there would be things that some people feel and child should not be "exposed" to. My arguement is, this game is rated "Mature" meaning for mature audiences because of it's violent and adult nature now yes I know and understand that kids play it and have zero issue with that hell I have my 4 year play it is quit fun. BUT if you are going to expose a child to extreme violence involving other people such as this why protect them from the swearing? I mean to give an analogy it would be like taking a child to a strip club not telling the owner to hide the alcohol. To me it seems very hypocritical of people say yes it is ok to use violence in a video game setting and we will even add additional modes to make it more gory and more graphic (modes that I do like btw) but we need to keep it pg and have no swearing? Seems odd to do that and I don't uderstand the reasoning behind it. My ability to swear is beside the point, I am not an adult because I do swear or because I don't I don't have to swear 24/7 to be "cool" no do I but as a person I do swear these words (fuck, shit, ass, and any combination used with these and others) have a meaning behind them and give an emotional response that words or phrase like "poopi head" "holy moly" or "jeepers" just can't convey. But the real question behind my origional posts was this why say no swearing to protect kids but allow kids to lay an adult game rated so due to it's violent nature and even add additional levels of violence to it? Thats all.

Vapour my opinion on words is this, there are no bad words just bad intentions a word is powerless and meaningless till you give it the power and meaning that you want. My swearing doesn't make me older or younger in ways of maturity. My ability to provide for my family and be productive in society is what makes me mature or not how I handle responsibility given to me or earned by my actions is what makes up my maturity. Swearing it just a way to express an emotional state such as shoke or awe or maybe even anger or happyness. These emotions are what I am sure we all feel in the game from one moment or another these "bad words" usually seem to be a great way to express them in their proper context.
    Backlash
    Backlash
    Noob

Post  Backlash Fri May 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Vapour I think that you are miss interpreting what I am saying I am not saying anything about the forums I am talking about swear filters on other gaming servers and I now that we here can't control everything I was just trying to get others opinions on the subject not talking about the filters that are put in place here in forums or on the server...I think that might help clear it up a bit.
    Poglas
    Beginner

Post  Poglas Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:46 pm

Hey guys. I like things. yes/no?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 am